Just a thought

I know at one point they talked about an origin server or mass server merge and we all know which one they landed on, but if bs did do a origin server would people be interested in playing an actual dedicated one? I personally would do it. It holds a lot of good memories and was very enjoyable back then. Plus we saw how **** did so think about the player base it could hold if the official daoc servers had one. Just a thought what does everyone else think?
Tagged:

Comments

• Really it sensored the p server name haha
  • Let it go.
  • null
    Never!!!! Haha
  • Sure it'd be fun to check out as something different but it's just not feasible at the moment with the current population. Maybe once the f2p drops and we see (hopefully) a notice rise in new players then I could see an origin version being more realistic.
  • Yeah what we posted in our Producer's Letter last December is where we stand on an alt server, of any kind, right now, so I'll just quote that :)

And that finally leads us to the potential of an alternative ruleset server. As things stand now, there are two major obstacles preventing the launch of one in the near term (as in this next year). The first is that everyone seems to have a different view of what the perfect alternative server ruleset would include. We knew this going in, and feel confident we can deliver a ruleset that would be both highly engaging and appealing to a wide swath of former and new players alike.

That being said - as we have previously stated, we would never create an alternative ruleset server unless we were confident in the Ywain server’s population and health. This is the second and much more challenging obstacle. The Endless Conquest is going to be a huge step in overcoming it. Again - we are thrilled to finally announce and talk about our plans. 2018 is going to be an excellent year for Dark Age of Camelot!

http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/producers-letter-endless-conquest
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games