Mithril Quest Completion Tokens

Had the idea were you could buy curse and OW completion tokens for mithril. Also having a NPC that you go to for instance once you give the token you get to select all the items you would of gotten for running that with a grp or bg. Plus tokens for full CL15 xp.
  1. Should there be a buy option to complete high end quest?17 votes
    1. Yes
      52.94%
    2. No
      47.06%
Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure

Comments

• Pay to win was the major reason for many games downfall. I think Sup pots on MTX store already pretty edgy with GTC sales. Widening the range of easy gameplay for money would push this game even closer to it's end sadly.
  • You can make the items with bounty crafting. Run quests, get bounty points, make the items. CLXP can also be achieved with xp tokens bought with bounty points. The bounty point quests aren't that hard, you may die a pixilated death, but it's only pixels.
  • edited July 2019 PM
    When people say run the bps quests they do realise that it's about 500k bps per item, you get 2-3 weekly quests that give 85k for all roughly. than the tower quest and dailys so another 40k bps per day that's 280k for 7 days assuming you play everyday completing all quests 365k bps per week... not fast enough.
    Post edited by Boduke on
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • Boduke wrote: »
    When people say run the bps quests they do realise that it's about 500k bps per item, you get 2-3 weekly quests that give 85k for all roughly. than the tower quest and dailys so another 40k bps per day that's 280k for 7 days assuming you play everyday completing all quests 365k bps per week... not fast enough.

Try leveling a nightshade solo pre toa. THAT'S slow. The problem is some people want a top gear fully leveled character immediatly, and the people who want that have a short attention span and leave the game as quickly as they arrived. Not a good solution to a population problem.
  • I see no problem with this. You can already do it. Just a little less streamlined, buy a gtc and sell it for plat. Use plat to buy the cursed stuff. My time is worth a lot to me and I don't want to waste it pveing. I hate that pve garbage and I enjoy rvr. I don't see why you should have to suffer in a video game. It is suppose to be fun. It took me 30 days /played to get to 50 in this game back in the day. I would say that I and others like me suffered enough. There 100% should be a way to just pay for it. The people who want the grind can grind it for free.
  • I agree. I did the old grind back in the day on several toons. The PvP is what a lot of new folks would want to get into right away to see if they like this game.
  • With some routine lvl 1-50 CL0-15 takes one day, and people already selling/buying GTCs, what's next, sell Realm points for those who tired of grinding RR? They almost doesn't mean anything anyway at this point with the buffs and quests. Anyone could complete some dailies by some mindless zerging too to reach any RR so why not.

Removing sense of achievement from the game will make people get bored fast. Swipe credit card, get everything, then wonder why people leave and plat prices are through the roof.
  • Even the cosmetic changes came with a price. It's no coincidence Cursed Weapons/Armors look crap, if there's something like that in an MTX shop, they will push people to purchase. Buy-able PvE will probably result in more grind, impossible to get items elseway in the long run.
  • I understand what you are saying Gavner. We know it doesn’t take long nowadays to hit 50, but with most APP based games peeps have a short attention span and want everything now. I also know they have made OW and Curse quests easier as well. Just not sure how to really get them here and keep them.
  • I would be fine with an Instant 50 w/ some 'decent' gear token MTX option. $25-30 gets you decent gear (maybe not curse since some of the gear requires specific specs to be used?) CL15, ML10 and a leveled class cloak? Maybe capped siege craft too?
  • Not Siegecraft, only takes an hour to hit 240+
  • Theres still huge market for games where achieving something takes time and not Credit Card numbers, everyone can decide which to play, but DAoC should appeal with it's mechanics to a different audience then flashy mobile games and loot crate FPSes. Of course whatever community wants, but I won't be the only leaving instantly if these ideas get any ground.
  • I prefer it the way it is now. Would like more BP rewards as I really like Bountycrafting.
  • Basically, just don’t want the old grinding way to 50 is all.