Does Broadsword consider dropping traps Scripting/macroing ?

Each toon drops their own traps by pressing a number on bar or clicking to drop it.

Is this macroing/scripting ?

"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781

Comments

• Did they ban you again already?
  • I'm asking since 2 people have already claimed macroing.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• Generally speaking if you push one button and one character performs one action you should be ok. I don't recall a limit on the number of accounts you can log in, so if its just traps, and you are alt/tab ing to each toon, I don't see why it could be a problem. Going to upset people who run into it, but not macroing.
  • Having multiple accounts being run through a third party program used to use abilities at the same time is macroing and I imagine would still be against ToS for dropping traps.

Just boot up the accounts and tab through each client running to drop traps and stick up.
    Then you should have nothing to worry about.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Having multiple accounts being run through a third party program used to use abilities at the same time is macroing and I imagine would still be against ToS for dropping traps.

Just boot up the accounts and tab through each client running to drop traps and stick up.
    Then you should have nothing to worry about.

Ok that's what I am doing
    HERORIUS

• I received a 7 day suspension for putting down traps one at a time today . Check out the vid section and tell me if you think that is scripting and macroing
    HERORIUS

• edited December 2018 PM
    You cant tell from a video and you know that. You can write the script to have a delay. Running more than 2 accounts on one comp and using macroing background accounts in NF is against TOS.
    Post edited by Minibard on
  • Minibard wrote: »
    You cant tell from a video and you know that. You can write the script to have a delay. Running more than 2 accounts on one comp and using macroing background accounts in NF is against TOS.

i know a few folks who run 3 accounts so they can have two bots up. If more than 2 accounts is a violation then broadsword needs to get to work. Enforce the rules on everyone or no one. Selective enforcement is discrimination.
  • A macro to drop traps ? When I already know they are watching me?

No I just click to drop traps
    HERORIUS

• Mourndelly drops traps in Midgard just like I did today .

Only difference is it's me . So they look to suspend and ban just like my reavers . No warnings just email stating suspension for macroing /scripting . I did neither of those things
    HERORIUS

• If you saw all the hunters who caught me trying to trap last night you would know I'm very slow to trap 2 times on each wizard .

I am basically free Rps to anyone who catches me trapping . But if I can get set it becomes fun. The population is already suffering and I don't mind the trade off ... 50 percent chance of even getting set
    HERORIUS

• I already had all my reaver friends quit when they accused me of scripting and macroing mine . They all went to other games . I don't understand the goal of small population
    HERORIUS

• You are using a 3rd party program to run more than 2 instance of daoc on the same computer. That is called multiboxing and is against ToS when used in RvR. Quit doing shady **** and you will quit getting banned.
  • Nate looks for the fine lines and pushes them as far as he can and over to the other side
  • @Creaper you guess wrong .

2 wizards on one computer and 2 wizards on another comp. I have a 3rd computer but not using at the moment
    HERORIUS

• I don't need a 3rd party program to put down traps. I don't need AHK for traps

We only needed AHK to bomb as close as possible at the same time. Hence 3 computers being used with the main comp alt tabbing with a stealth bot for group .

You have to know I am way ahead of of most and think of all possibilities
    HERORIUS

• Idk i caught him at alb bridge on my shade and killed all 4 of his guys. Normally the macro grps all start casting on me if i try to take them out
  • Natebruner wrote: »

Your history of being banned both in-game and across several forums tells a different story.
  • Nate.. you are a repeated offender, for sure they will watch you closely and ban you at the first sight of suspicious activity. Just run a single character like 99.9% of the other players, don't steal relics and you’ll be fine.

Not sure what’s the thrill about walking right on the line of legality...
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    I don't need a 3rd party program to put down traps. I don't need AHK for traps

We only needed AHK to bomb as close as possible at the same time. Hence 3 computers being used with the main comp alt tabbing with a stealth bot for group .

Please stay on the topic at hand. We are discussing macros & traps, not how many computers you have.
  • when I was going to do this before I checked with Beibs on discord first and she said no more than two accounts per pc even if your alt-tabbing to drop the traps.
    Lol, it’s a Christmas miracle, I’ve not opened any presents yet but feels like Santa got his naughty list down haha
    Post edited by albionexile on
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • It seems common sence is a big challenge for some us players, mhm? :D
  • haha says the EU player ;)
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Pretty sure it’s just because it’s Nate I have seen several grps camping mg with traps in the same fashion. Also what about the bd that use to run around with like 3 bds all stuck macroing but they said it was legal since they were just stuck and not all casting.
  • Mourndelly drops traps with multiple toons . Soon the population will be next to nothing
    HERORIUS

• Nightmare wrote: »
    Natebruner wrote: »
    I don't need a 3rd party program to put down traps. I don't need AHK for traps

Please stay on the topic at hand. We are discussing macros & traps, not how many computers you have.

Actually creaper stated I was only using one computer. Which again is not true so I explained the setup.
    HERORIUS

• Thana wrote: »
    Idk i caught him at alb bridge on my shade and killed all 4 of his guys. Normally the macro grps all start casting on me if i try to take them out

Thanks for posting- yes you came and got me after I took out that fg of hibs on the bridge.

I am free rps if you find me- I didn't even fight back vs you.
    HERORIUS

• Sovereign wrote: »

Your history of being banned both in-game and across several forums tells a different story.
    It seems common sence is a big challenge for some us players, mhm? :D

No matter what country you are from- macro and scripting should be understood.
    HERORIUS

• when I was going to do this before I checked with Beibs on discord first and she said no more than two accounts per pc even if your alt-tabbing to drop the traps.

That's exactly what we are doing. 2 computers for 4 wizards
    HERORIUS

• a lot of qames take friendly people to run it and not experienced, I think that is very much so the case in daoc atm

wouldn't surprise me they cant tell the dif in a macro and someone sitin there with multiple comps just dropin traps waitin for people to run by

didn't snoop qet banned for usinq an in qame ability and then apoloqized to by the csrs cuz they don't even know how thinqs work in their own qame ?

• I just posted a new video on the video section on my best trap from yesterday. Sound is left active and you can hear when traps are set.

The problem is how many I kill.. not how I kill them

My camera freezes as I alt tab to 2nd wizard from 1 computer.

HERORIUS

• It seems common sence is a big challenge for some us players, mhm? :D

USA - Everything is bigger and better in Texas :)
    HERORIUS

• The video (posted today with sound) that proves I don't macro/script to drop traps has been emailed in to dispute@darkageofcamelot

HERORIUS

i think that's just an email they prob don't evne know the pw to anymore, they just made so their main ones don't qet spammed so much :p
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    i think that's just an email they prob don't evne know the pw to anymore, they just made so their main ones don't qet spammed so much :p

you can hear the sound of each trap being set. Then you see nothing but SPAM and it's nate so .. suspend/ban him
    HERORIUS

• m76ekjdsceic.png

Not even advice. Its their rule. You've started a discussion.... probably a good springboard to the next forum/game ban.

Their game, their forum. How can you be surprised when you choose not to follow their rules?

You're probably right Nate. You may be singled out. But you crave the limelight. Take the good with the bad. You want attention... you got it

• Sleepwell wrote: »
    m76ekjdsceic.png

Not even advice. Its their rule. You've started a discussion.... probably a good springboard to the next forum/game ban.

Their game, their forum. How can you be surprised when you choose not to follow their rules?

You're probably right Nate. You may be singled out. But you crave the limelight. Take the good with the bad. You want attention... you got it

what exact situation are you referencing #3 to ?

I made a post and have also posted video evidence that I am wrongly accused.
    HERORIUS

I also think tehehe posted a vid before the first time nate qot banned of CLEAR proof he doesn't macro, u can see he bomb'd teehehes friend then as he fauqht tehehe none of the chars moved toqether or did anything at the same time at all

the unprofessionalism and favoritism displayed by the staff for their friends and the people they don't like is disqustinqly sad to anyone who cares about and enjoys daoc ;\
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • They also recently made false allegations on Snoop and had to retract his suspension.

I've put the video evidence in front of you with sound
    HERORIUS

Sleepwell wrote: »
    m76ekjdsceic.png

I respect authority. In this case Game/Forum mods are the authority. I didnt say i always agree with them. They told you not to do something on your reaver group. You are basically doing the same thing here, but expect different results. You have apparently triggered something with the Forum mods as well, but yet toe the line and expect different results there as well. I'm unsure why you continue to be banned on the forums. There are probably a lot of things that they nit-pick you for, but like i said. You're craving the limelight. When you're in it, (the multiple relic fiascos for instance), would you not expect a little more attention, both good and bad? If i were you, i'd tread lightly. Their interpretation could be different than yours. Given the amount of strife you stirred up on both alb and mid, i "personally" would try to keep my head low if i were you. The relic jokes you pulled could potentially be cause for a permanent ban. You should not assume your interpretation of "prohibited conduct" is the same as BS employees.
    ahi4ngcv92h9.png

You absolutely disrupted gameflow .... "IN MY OPINION". You're welcome to your opinion. BS will have theirs as well.

In your above post, you seem concerned with how banning 2 to 4 accounts affects population and how many people will quit the game. Use that logic when you join a bg and deliberately hijack a relic (or multiple relics), and basically hold it hostage. You have the potential to infuriate a much larger group of customers with tactics like that.

I'd also be surprised if you werent given a reason why they banned you. I think discussing that is against the ToS and RoC also. Just offering that up in case you feel like this discussion is worth losing an account over.

I would advise that if you have a problem with any BS or Forum moderator interpretation that you send them a tell privately instead of trying to "rile" the natives. That may not get the amount of exposure that you're wanting, but it would probably go a long way in avoiding bans and or flames. I'm sure you're sick of the bans, and i'm sure mods would welcome a break from so much modding :wink:

Merry Christmas all!!!
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
    m76ekjdsceic.png

I respect authority. In this case Game/Forum mods are the authority. I didnt say i always agree with them. They told you not to do something on your reaver group. You are basically doing the same thing here, but expect different results. You have apparently triggered something with the Forum mods as well, but yet toe the line and expect different results there as well. I'm unsure why you continue to be banned on the forums. There are probably a lot of things that they nit-pick you for, but like i said. You're craving the limelight. When you're in it, (the multiple relic fiascos for instance), would you not expect a little more attention, both good and bad? If i were you, i'd tread lightly. Their interpretation could be different than yours. Given the amount of strife you stirred up on both alb and mid, i "personally" would try to keep my head low if i were you. The relic jokes you pulled could potentially be cause for a permanent ban. You should not assume your interpretation of "prohibited conduct" is the same as BS employees.
    ahi4ngcv92h9.png

You absolutely disrupted gameflow .... "IN MY OPINION". You're welcome to your opinion. BS will have theirs as well.

In your above post, you seem concerned with how banning 2 to 4 accounts affects population and how many people will quit the game. Use that logic when you join a bg and deliberately hijack a relic (or multiple relics), and basically hold it hostage. You have the potential to infuriate a much larger group of customers with tactics like that.

I'd also be surprised if you werent given a reason why they banned you. I think discussing that is against the ToS and RoC also. Just offering that up in case you feel like this discussion is worth losing an account over.

Now if you are ok with a player like me being suspended or banned unjustly when video evidence is provided for the unjust doing.... . So be it... we all have opinions on that. Would that mean whatever you do just don't make BS mad bc they will make things up and suspend or ban you? When the population is already low? Is that the kind of company that bought the best game ever made ?
    Post edited by Natebruner on
    HERORIUS

• Snoop was recently wrongly accused as well. Should he not have posted on postcount about his situation ?

Surely BS knows cheating from not? Or do they just guess ?

HERORIUS

The population is low, but you felt like it was a great idea to infuriate 99% of the population with your antics. Don't play that game. You're not concerned with population.

And i would be very ok if you were banned for disrupting gameplay for 80+ people.

And pissing people off regardless of who they are will return results. Piss game mods off.. you'll probably carry more bans than most. Piss forum mods off, you'll probably get modded and forum banned a lot more than most. Piss the lunch lady off at school, and you'll probably eat the moldy bread or the spoiled milk. Its a good life leason. Don't piss people off, especially when they offer you a form of entertainment and have the power to remove that from you (while you stil pay for it hahaahha). You as a consumer have the option to stop paying for it Nate :wink: .

Enjoy time with the fam. Doing the same myself.
    The population is low, but you felt like it was a great idea to infuriate 99% of the population with your antics. Don't play that game. You're not concerned with population.

The thread is not about relics or whoever did the last one. It's about broadsword falsely accusing players such as snoop and myself for cheating. I have now provided video evidence that they are wrong.
    HERORIUS

You opened the can of worms by being concerned with population, which is why i said your argument was invalid.
    You opened the can of worms by being concerned with population, which i way i said your argument was invalid.

Oh the population is very low. This is a fact
    HERORIUS

The thread is not about relics or whoever did the last one. It's about broadsword falsely accusing players such as snoop and myself for cheating. I have now provided video evidence that they are wrong.

And again.. offering you the advice not to disagree with them in an open forum. That could be perceived as inciting.
    Discuss it privately with them. it will go a lot further.

And again.. offering you the advice not to disagree with them openly. Discuss it privately with them. it will go a lot further.

Snoop had to post openly as well about his unjust suspension on postcount. They don't answer emails.
    Keep suspending and banning players based off personal feelings and the population goes lower.
    HERORIUS

• Ninja relics and hold them hostage and piss off entire battlegroups with the sole intention of pissing people off and the population goes lower. We could keep this up for days, but i hope the mods will close the thread. Pointless at this moment. I feel like im in Walmart watching a toddler stomp his feet because he's not getting his way. I guess i get it when I look at it that way.

Anyways. Hope they give you the answer you want. I'm off to enjoy the rest of the day!.. again.. Merry Christmas
This discussion has been closed.