Shout out to the forum moderators!

It ain't easy keeping the official boards clear of useless clutter, trash, and spam threads. You are multiple appendages of the "man" be it his ear to listen to the community, his mouth to communicate information, or even his rear for which trolls can kiss. It's a thankless job requiring a level of self-restraint many couldn't possibly fathom and you all do it with amazing grace and ease. So I just wanted to say thank you for doing the job I would not want in a thousand years and keep up the good work.
Tagged:

Comments

• I agree. Thank you :)
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • True the Mod's rarely get the credit/respect they deserve for their efforts in managing forums.

Great job guys and gals! Enjoy the upcoming holidays as well :).
  • Aye, thank you for allowing some satire on this forum in what is likely an exhausting job.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Founder/GM of Ásatrúar, guild of Miðgarðr
    In defense of the Original Spirit of Daoc
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    True to Miðgarðr c.2001
    daocutils.com/chimp/jlfrthjo
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • True the Mod's rarely get the credit/respect they deserve for their efforts in managing forums.

Season's Greetings ! :)
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• Natebruner wrote: »
    True the Mod's rarely get the credit/respect they deserve for their efforts in managing forums.

Season's Greetings as well!

Think we'll be getting the traveling merchants and 12-days reward event soon :)
    True the Mod's rarely get the credit/respect they deserve for their efforts in managing forums.

Season's Greetings as well!

Think we'll be getting the traveling merchants and 12-days reward event soon :)

OHH how delightful ! I am eager for thy name change as well :)
    HERORIUS

• Thank you for the really hard work. Many appreciate it. :)
  • Yes thank you for finally starting to shut these stupid and annoying Natelordofthebanned & fairymen posts down.
  • Should skalds at least say when they are going to SOS ?
    HERORIUS

Should skalds at least say when they are going to SOS ?

Please keep this thread on topic.
  • :)

Happy Holidays Everyone!!
    Daoc Moderator

Join the official Daoc Discord: >> HERE <<
    Subscribe to the Newsletter: >> HERE <<
    Join our Devs/Knights on Twitch: >> HERE <<

Your Thread was closed to early? Feel free to PM me !
  • Merry Christmas.
  • I've seen many unnecessary posts get ninja removed. Good job mods. Keep the vigilance and Happy Holidays!
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Totally agreed with Beetleguisse. Awesome job mods. Have a wonderful holidays!!!!
  • Have to agree. I don't envy their job.

On a side note.. .are there processes in place to protect mods, like a "Three Strikes and your Out" rule? I know that isnt the case, but wondered if there is a habitual offender rule that is underwritten somewhere? That would make your jobs a lot easier.

I can only imagine how irritating it is to warn someone repeatedly about the same thing.
  • The mods have been amazing and deserve any and all praise, so ty all for giving that to them! :)

Yep, @Sleepwell there is, of sorts :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Yep, @Sleepwell there is, of sorts :)

It's called Carol's Last Nerve Rule
  • Yes. Good job. I see they have banned a horrendous repeat offender. Hopefully permanently and in game as well.
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Yes. Good job. I see they have banned a horrendous repeat offender. Hopefully permanently and in game as well.

we can only hope
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Keeping the toxicity out. Definitely feels like Christmas. =)

Edit: spelling
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
  • They can save themselves the trouble and just perma ban
    Most biased MF'rs here are the mods. Same rules don't apply to everyone its hypocrisy at its best.

just to clarify this isn't bashing its just friendly game banter.
    Post edited by Teehehe on
    @Teehehe
    Well it's fair to disagree with certain rules or it's implication, however your comment is a fine example of "bashing". Note: If I decide to call a chair a desk, it doesn't make it a desk. Like that is not a friendly game banter just because you call it that. :)

Oh, before you ask what, lets not act like none knows what "MF'rs" stand for. Rest of it is fine. :)
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • So can we get some clarification if actions on the forums can still effect your account in the game?
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    So can we get some clarification if actions on the forums can still effect your account in the game?

They said it can, whether they feel anyone's forum conduct has warranted such action has yet to be seen.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »
    So can we get some clarification if actions on the forums can still effect your account in the game?

They said it can, whether they feel anyone's forum conduct has warranted such action has yet to be seen.

It would be really hilarious when people get banned for posting on a forum but all the cheaters that affect in game play run rampant. Its also funny we have people who are admining this forum but cant get any CSR's in the actual game. #priorities
  • Teehehe wrote: »
    Sovereign wrote: »

It would be really hilarious when people get banned for posting on a forum but all the cheaters that affect in game play run rampant. Its also funny we have people who are admining this forum but cant get any CSR's in the actual game. #priorities

Mods are volunteers. CSRs are not unless I'm mistaken.
    Sovereign wrote: »

Mods are volunteers. CSRs are not unless I'm mistaken.

If they are volunteers they should have no way to affect an in game account period. Nor should they have any right to admin the official forum.
    there is to much focus on the little small words people use that effects bans, or the way they say it

when at the end of the day everyone is being just the same rude to each other as the other, if your not gonna let 1 person be rude don't let anyone, you have to stop picking and choosing who is allowed to talk **** and be rude all day freely, and who cannot, when besides 1-2 lil words they are doing the exact same thing...and the refusal of staff to treat everyone the same is grossly unprofessional and disgusting

like nate, he makes a post about his group having fun in rvr, then people come and make fun of him and he says somethin to get banned, now would nate say those things is those people didn't come to EVERY single thread EVERY single day EVERY single time he makes one harassing him first ?

you have to stop punishing the people your not fond of and let others do the same thing over and over with no punishment, or step down from your positions out of respect for those of us who still love and care about this game
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
    need to take away the volunteer babysitters and let people realise they are on the internet with grown adults, if your stupid enough to let someone hurt your feelings on the internet go read a book or something

its a video game, ban cheaters and let the rest play out ;\ if someone is that out of line you can throw a random perma ban and end it, but this everyday lil monitoring **** is a joke, we aren't 5 year olds grow up

its just a game on the internet, 1 that happens to be about the dark ages and war and battle and chaos, what do you expect people who come post pictures of flowers and say good job for beat me ? -_-
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    there is to much focus on the little small words people use that effects bans, or the way they say it

when at the end of the day everyone is being just the same rude to each other as the other, if your not gonna let 1 person be rude don't let anyone, you have to stop picking and choosing who is allowed to talk **** and be rude all day freely, and who cannot, when besides 1-2 lil words they are doing the exact same thing...and the refusal of staff to treat everyone the same is grossly unprofessional and disgusting

like nate, he makes a post about his group having fun in rvr, then people come and make fun of him and he says somethin to get banned, now would nate say those thins is those people didn't come to EVERY single thread EVERY single day EVERY single time he makes one harassing him first ?

you have to stop punishing the people your not fond of and let others do the same thin over and over with no punishment, or step down from your positions out of respect for those of us who still love this game

Nate baits and people bite. I agree that those who fuel the fire are part of the problem; however, that does not dismiss his trolling behavior. The best course of action has been and always will be: don't feed the troll(s).

On a side note, his YouTube account is closed. Unclear of the reason but it came shortly after bashing a player live streaming his Relic shenanigans.

Regardless, I think the mods are doing a good job keeping people in check. This includes the unnecessary responses to Nate's baiting.

like nate, he makes a post about his group having fun in rvr, then people come and make fun of him and he says somethin to get banned, now would nate say those things is those people didn't come to EVERY single thread EVERY single day EVERY single time he makes one harassing him first ?

you have to stop punishing the people your not fond of and let others do the same thing over and over with no punishment, or step down from your positions out of respect for those of us who still love and care about this game

Choices have consequences. There are pretty clear lines that, if crossed, yield consequences. Why should someone that elects to cross those lines not suffer the punishment they risk? I too would find issue if everyone was being equally vile yet only certain people were punished, however that is not the case and to claim otherwise is to ignore reality.
    Huehuaehue wrote: »
    need to take away the volunteer babysitters and let people realise they are on the internet with grown adults, if your stupid enough to let someone hurt your feelings on the internet go read a book or something

its a video game, ban cheaters and let the rest play out ;\ if someone is that out of line you can throw a random perma ban and end it, but this everyday lil monitoring **** is a joke, we aren't 5 year olds grow up

its just a game on the internet, 1 that happens to be about the dark ages and war and battle and chaos, what do you expect people who come post pictures of flowers and say good job for beat me ? -_-

It's always amusing to see the, "we're all adults" argument while at the same time complaining that people aren't being allowed to engage in childish behavior.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
    ive been banned for sayin idio** or retar*** once to someone, but everyone else can go post 7k nate in every single thread he makes every single day and that's ok ? to me 7k says the same as "lol your the worst **** person ive ever seen and I cant stop laughing at how terrible you are everyday"

that's how I take it, and that's how the people sayin it are meaning it to be

but that's ok right ? someone says something dumb and I say "are you an idiot lol?" and Im instantly banned ?
    but someone calls someone the **** worst noob they ever seen every single day for months and nothin, but if the person reponds they are the ones banned for personal attack ? lol

they let brutal rudeness go by dependin who is sayin it, and ban for way less for others, the way things are being ran by the leadership here is just atrocious, and unfortunetly for people who care about daoc, deeply sad
    ive been banned for sayin idio** or retar*** once to someone, but everyone else can go post 7k nate in every single thread he makes every single day and that's ok ? to me 7k says the same as "lol your the worst **** person ive ever seen and I cant stop laughing at how terrible you are everyday"

but that's ok right ? someone says something dumb and I say "are you and idiot lol?" and Im instantly banned ?

the way things are being ran by the leadership here is just atrocious

Banter vs. direct attacks has already been addressed in a previous thread. I'm not sure how you're interpreting 7k nate as a personal attack when it all it does is reflect his RP earnings. This is comparable to saying "you suck" which has been cleared by the mods.
  • ah yes, all of which my posts in this thread was just friendly game banter to ^^

but that's ok right ? someone says something dumb and I say "are you and idiot lol?" and Im instantly banned ?

Banter vs. direct attacks has already been addressed in a previous thread. I'm not sure how you're interpreting 7k nate as a personal attack when it all it does is reflect his RP earnings. This is comparable to saying "you suck" which has been cleared by the mods.

It's not a personal attack, it would be classified as baiting/trolling.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    It's always amusing to see the, "we're all adults" argument while at the same time complaining that people aren't being allowed to engage in childish behavior.

shrugs all of the adults I know don't get upset and start whining and crying and throwing fits when someone they are playing a game with starts busting their chops about losing

only children do that
  • This discussion appears to be a bit off track. The original post was a shout-out to the moderators on this forum in recognition of the difficulty in trying to balance banter and attacks. The job isn't easy. Everyone's threshold is different and subject to interpretation. Trust me my threshold is much lower than Huehuaehue's threshold <smile>
    05n6wyrtyyno.png

Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • Hue, seriously go find a book to read if you love daoc so much. take a small break and come back in a few days. I understand your friend got banned and you are upset and trying to defend him in anyways you can, but at this point there's no more ways for him. if you care about your friend and love this game, really find something else to read for while.its my advice to you as a game mate :)

It's not a personal attack, it would be classified as baiting/trolling.

It very well may be. Only the mods can make that call. If the player base isn't happy with how posts are regulated, then they should send in feedback and/or move to another forum whose mods align with their views.
    Shamissa wrote: »
    Hue, seriously go find a book to read if you love daoc so much. take a small break and come back in a few days. I understand your friend got banned and you are upset and trying to defend him in anyways you can, but at this point there's no more ways for him. if you care about your friend and love this game, really find something else to read for while.its my advice to you as a game mate :)

im just tryin to point out how rude everyone else is aswell, even more then the person banned, sometimes you have to stop thinkin about your own self and look at it from a far

I don't care if hes banned, I just keep it real ;\ its my fault in life
  • Peace :)
    4tc4n5zk0p7w.gif
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
    If they are volunteers they should have no way to affect an in game account period. Nor should they have any right to admin the official forum.

very strongly agree, I hope they have legal binds atleast, you don't need some salty person who isn't very good at the game volunteering to baby sit the forums and **** on the people he doesn't like in game or cant beat ect and ruining their daoc experience out of revenge, ive been banned here 9/10 times by the same mod, for stuff other people say freely, I just assumed it was ciddire from psotcount because he did the same there

this is a dyeing game, we don't need volunteers suppressing the population ;\
  • Siambra wrote: »
    Peace :)
    4tc4n5zk0p7w.gif

Siambra_Broadsword 2019 !
    Shamissa wrote: »
    Hue, seriously go find a book to read if you love daoc so much. take a small break and come back in a few days. I understand your friend got banned and you are upset and trying to defend him in anyways you can, but at this point there's no more ways for him. if you care about your friend and love this game, really find something else to read for while.its my advice to you as a game mate :)

]im just tryin to point out how rude everyone else is aswell, even more then the person banned, sometimes you have to stop thinkin about your own self and look at it from a far

Agree'd
    Teehehe wrote: »

very strongly agree, I hope they have legal binds atleast, you don't need some salty person who isn't very good at the game volunteering to baby sit the forums and **** on the people he doesn't like in game or cant beat ect and ruining their daoc experience out of revenge, ive been banned here 9/10 times by the same mod, for stuff other people say freely, I just assumed it was ciddire from psotcount because he did the same there

The people being constantly banned are yourself and nate, I'd say the mods have got it spot on, I got a mild warning for baiting and trolling, but I have not been banned, I do not use bad language on the official forums and I do not bring real life targeted comments either. Stick within the rules and you'll be fine, you're not as bad as Nate, he gets bans back to back, I find it weird people get banned multiple times, learn from the warning and act accordingly.
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • Siambra wrote: »
    This discussion appears to be a bit off track. The original post was a shout-out to the moderators on this forum in recognition of the difficulty in trying to balance banter and attacks. The job isn't easy. Everyone's threshold is different and subject to interpretation. Trust me my threshold is much lower than Huehuaehue's threshold <smile>
    05n6wyrtyyno.png

The Badge Bunny wins every single time, lol :)
    Teehehe wrote: »

The people being constantly banned are yourself and nate, I'd say the mods have got it spot on, I got a mild warning for baiting and trolling, but I have not been banned, I do not use bad language on the official forums and I do not bring real life targeted comments either. Stick within the rules and you'll be fine, you're not as bad as Nate, he gets bans back to back, I find it weird people get banned multiple times, learn from the warning and act accordingly.

I have received a warning myself and endeavored to avoid the same manner of comments that earned me that warning. Seems to me that those repeatedly banned appear to be the saltiest in regards to the mods. But I agree, this thread was started with the purpose of giving the forum mods a nod. I would encourage you to start a separate thread for forum mod critique, though you do so at your own risk.
    im just tryin to point out how rude everyone else is aswell, even more then the person banned, sometimes you have to stop thinkin about your own self and look at it from a far

In your opinion others are being more rude. I have a feeling others would disagree. Nevertheless, mods exist to make that judgement and Carol has oversight and the ability to correct any judgement she disagrees with. There exists sufficient oversight, in my opinion, to guard against unjust bans. I do not feel abuse of power has occurred in this instance.
This discussion has been closed.