quit camping

edited November 2018 in General Board
Nate come out and fight (no)

#2 Personal attacks are not allowed. Please treat all posters with respect and courtesy.

As outlined in the forum's Code of Conduct,(https://forums.darkageofcamelot.com/code-of-conduct) this behavior is not tolerated.

Post edited by Amadeus on
«1

Comments

  • guy who logs into alb and sits of there hands for 5 hours? WTF dude you are horrible
  • Incoming post. Albs win 100% of fights tonight
  • This Alb agrees with the quit camping, just saying
  • Nate wouldn't even come out until hibs hit mids, wouldn't hit mids otherwise. Makes for big yawns all night.
  • I enjoyed myself immensely. I read a book and was able to build one of those ships in a bottle.
  • no idea why you guys follow cheating Nate.....
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Incoming post. Albs win 100% of fights tonight

    Yup waiting
  • 0bf1y576z2v9.bmp
    what does the bg count say? Just figured I would show the 80 + mids why we didnt just run into your arms for some love. Sorry
  • that was at 7:55 cst.... clumsy was facedown in BOLD a few mins after this.
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Bowatg is a camper yes we ran around for hours you girls defended bold all night grats (no). so yes time to log.

    #2 Personal attacks are not allowed. Please treat all posters with respect and courtesy.

    As outlined in the forum's Code of Conduct,(https://forums.darkageofcamelot.com/code-of-conduct) this behavior is not tolerated.

    Post edited by Amadeus on
  • thanks for your donation!
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Clumsy... even you hide in a tower/keep when outnumbered 2 to 1.

    No one likes it but donating isn’t fun either.
    Post edited by Mace80 on
  • All of this is killing US prime action. This game is not made for “sitting” in a keep for hours at a time with ridiculous numbers. It’s RVR focused, alb may as well run two cursed raids during prime time.

    I really don't understand how the game has evolved to this point, its quite pathetic for all realms really. I remember early 2000's when alb zerg out numbered the mid-zerg 3x1 everyday and you had a few elite hib groups running, it didn't matter how many times you died/got wiped, you just kept going back because thats the true spirit of the game.

    Before IRS/insane ego's/cheating/etc., which DAOC has morphed into, you just had fun going out with what you had and that was it. 4AM "secret" relic raids, huge MG fights that lasted for 20+ minutes with all realms continuing to hit that location. It doesn't matter how many times you die, or what your "winning ratio" is, what matters is playing this game that we grew up with, for the sole point of having fun.

    I don't care who you are, what realm you play for, but if legitimately you find "fun" (PLAYING A VIDEO GAME) sitting in one spot for HOURS, to get one or two "victories", something is wrong with you. Think of how much productive you could spend that time in real life...

    That's a reason all three realms have failed (US prime) in the recent months. It doesn't matter how many people the other realm has, its about having fun. Unfortunately that seems to no longer be happening for a vast amount of the player base making up these communities (zergs) and unless the leaders revert back to the original spirit and fun of the game, it will continue to evolve to BG's moving from 80+ people, to 40+, to nothing.

    Take a step back and think about why you continue to play, because I guarantee you 150+ people on any given night, doesn't want to sit around for one fight.
  • All of this is killing US prime action. This game is not made for “sitting” in a keep for hours at a time with ridiculous numbers. It’s RVR focused, alb may as well run two cursed raids during prime time.

    I really don't understand how the game has evolved to this point, its quite pathetic for all realms really. I remember early 2000's when alb zerg out numbered the mid-zerg 3x1 everyday and you had a few elite hib groups running, it didn't matter how many times you died/got wiped, you just kept going back because thats the true spirit of the game.

    Before IRS/insane ego's/cheating/etc., which DAOC has morphed into, you just had fun going out with what you had and that was it. 4AM "secret" relic raids, huge MG fights that lasted for 20+ minutes with all realms continuing to hit that location. It doesn't matter how many times you die, or what your "winning ratio" is, what matters is playing this game that we grew up with, for the sole point of having fun.

    I don't care who you are, what realm you play for, but if legitimately you find "fun" (PLAYING A VIDEO GAME) sitting in one spot for HOURS, to get one or two "victories", something is wrong with you. Think of how much productive you could spend that time in real life...

    That's a reason all three realms have failed (US prime) in the recent months. It doesn't matter how many people the other realm has, its about having fun. Unfortunately that seems to no longer be happening for a vast amount of the player base making up these communities (zergs) and unless the leaders revert back to the original spirit and fun of the game, it will continue to evolve to BG's moving from 80+ people, to 40+, to nothing.

    Take a step back and think about why you continue to play, because I guarantee you 150+ people on any given night, doesn't want to sit around for one fight.

    I agree with your sentiment. This is why I'm leading my own BG on the weekends in Hib (I don't have time during the week). I have about 2-3 FGs that run with me on a good night and only several will join voice comms =(. Nonetheless, we don't camp keeps/towers. We roam and kill what we can. Usually we die but sometimes we get fantastic fights like this evening against Catsfriend and Rescu. Win/loss ratio is meaningless. High risk, high reward applies to this game beautifully. If you want to grow your character (acquire RR), you have to fight. If you want epic battles, you have to participate. We all shell out cash every month for the opportunity to play. Don't squander it.
  • edited November 2018 PM
    When your numbers are 2x it’s on you to attack a keep and quit complaining about camping. Pretty simple mathematics here. On the rare occasion these days that albs have the advantage in numbers (seeing as bribing others in the realm to come RvR is not a well known alb tactic) they seem to be willing to take a chance on that handicap. Otherwise it’s just stupid to run out and die. No tactic on the open field is going to beat those odds.

    So man up, hit the keep where you know the odds even out or have fun pveing and rolling the solo zone.

    It’s on the higher population realm to make the move - so do it and win some/lose some.
    Post edited by Seethyr on
  • edited November 2018 PM
    ALB numbers tonight at several of the towers I owned were 80+, so the numbers were pretty even for the majority of the night.
    Post edited by Mentalburn on
  • ^^ yes. Just because someone shows a count of a bg, that is just one.

    You say for mids to attack a keep because mids have numbers, yet when albs seriously out numbered mids you would never attack a keep. Ever. Interesting.

    Poor clunky ate a ban...kinda knew it was coming. I think he just needed an excuse to get away from the game :/
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Despite being 100% Alb, my statement stands for everyone. If you have superior numbers (maybe 1.25x), it’s on you to press the attack. Do you think without going into who did what when, that could be agreed upon regardless of realm? Problem solved?

    And I wouldn’t trust bonuses to calculate numbers, you have to rely on scouting reports. In alb right now the two main bgs aren’t exactly having beers together.
    Post edited by Seethyr on
  • The reports are from towers/keeps when guards are killed. Albs main problem is running multiple BG's and not always coordinating, can't speak for it's leadership but seems that separating the forces is not a good idea.
  • Seethyr wrote: »
    Despite being 100% Alb, my statement stands for everyone. If you have superior numbers (maybe 1.25x), it’s on you to press the attack. Do you think without going into who did what when, that could be agreed upon regardless of realm? Problem solved?

    And I wouldn’t trust bonuses to calculate numbers, you have to rely on scouting reports. In alb right now the two main bgs aren’t exactly having beers together.

    Perhaps you should get your house in order.

    I don't rely on one set of numbers. I rely on reports, bonus and spam numbers from guards.

    Why is on a group to attack a well defended keep? With the amount of st's being thrown out, with the aoe root snare bullsh^t etc....why would anyone line up to die? That is just silly
  • It actually works pretty good some of the time. Lets say spam is 60 on guards. If an opposing force sees that and didnt know better then the second bg could easily a-jam. Co-ordination is the key though, and as stated, thats the main problem
  • Don't blame Mids for your leaders arrogance. Maybe it's time for a new leader, obviously the current ones can't manage to set differences aside for the greater good.
    Or keep crying and enjoy the inside of your keeps, that seems to be working.. (Keep losing players)
    You guys have the numbers but YOU chose to split them and play the "Underpopulated" card because ego and ignorance.
    #90%WinRate
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Not quite sure if it’s a reading comprehension issue or an intentional desire to just always make it about one leader or another. How about just common sense regardless of whom we speak? This is like arguing politics lol.
    And thank you @Sleepwell

    @Jak Perhaps attempt some new tactics. Push and pull back so that STs are wasted. Rezz up and get ready for a second push while sts are down. I don’t have a tactical mind and came up with it, I know your realm leaders could do far better. The game evolves with every new patch changing how people have to think and play. I think that’s one thing that keeps a 2 decade old game fresh and exciting.

    @Impounded hopefully soon we will lose enough that you finally decide you can take us. I’d like to play again. Perhaps when it gets 3 to 1? Have one of the level 1s sitting in Bold counting report back when it hits that number.
    Post edited by Seethyr on
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Don't blame Mids for your leaders arrogance. Maybe it's time for a new leader, obviously the current ones can't manage to set differences aside for the greater good.
    Or keep crying and enjoy the inside of your keeps, that seems to be working.. (Keep losing players)
    You guys have the numbers but YOU chose to split them and play the "Underpopulated" card because ego and ignorance.
    #90%WinRate

    You guys posted this after losing at bold. YCB tonight ?
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS


    "Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

    "First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

    Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Mmmm I haven't played in over a week, try again :)
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • @Seethyr
    Excellent leadership advise.... cept you seen to have forgotten 30 tics all using the same aoe snare BS. Even if the STs are down kinda hard to do anything when you have 30 tics spamming snare on the BG. So.... Terrible advice
  • Clumsy wrote: »
    Nate come out and fight (no)

    Didn't mids sit in keeps for a long time??? I remember that's all we did when we died once (just once) in open field because Xyorman didn't like dying!

    This is a game guys not real life!

    The reason Nate probably does it because you guys did it all the time!
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Mmmm I haven't played in over a week, try again :)

    All you have to do is look at who made the post.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS


    "Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

    "First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

    Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Seethyr wrote: »
    @Impounded hopefully soon we will lose enough that you finally decide you can take us. I’d like to play again. Perhaps when it gets 3 to 1? Have one of the level 1s sitting in Bold counting report back when it hits that number.

    That won't happen, hitting a camped keep is never wise. Don't pretend like you guys will always attack keeps when an actual BG is on to defend. You will see every BG avoid camped keep. And right now with these new changes... it's useless to even attempt... Once again comes down to the people you choose to follow.
    PS: Same thing could be said about the low level toons that join and leave the mid BG. Everyone has to deal with it.
    Post edited by Impounded on
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker

    Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

    >Daoc Videos<
  • Thanks for the rvr lessons, I do quite fine with my tactics and have always adjusted my play accordingly...and if you have read any of my other comments, I have already stated what you say here multiple times.

    I am against, what I considar dumbing down of the game and tactics. Period.
  • Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Clumsy wrote: »
    Nate come out and fight (no)

    Didn't mids sit in keeps for a long time??? I remember that's all we did when we died once (just once) in open field because Xyorman didn't like dying!

    This is a game guys not real life!

    The reason Nate probably does it because you guys did it all the time!

    your memories are faulty -- but no surprise there; Solic it would really help if your tried to actually find a clue before you 'spoke' -- but why change now

  • Xyorman wrote: »
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Clumsy wrote: »
    Nate come out and fight (no)

    Didn't mids sit in keeps for a long time??? I remember that's all we did when we died once (just once) in open field because Xyorman didn't like dying!

    This is a game guys not real life!

    The reason Nate probably does it because you guys did it all the time!

    your memories are faulty -- but no surprise there; Solic it would really help if your tried to actually find a clue before you 'spoke' -- but why change now

    You have setup inside glenlock plenty of times.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS


    "Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

    "First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

    Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Clumsy wrote: »
    Nate come out and fight (no)

    Didn't mids sit in keeps for a long time??? I remember that's all we did when we died once (just once) in open field because Xyorman didn't like dying!

    This is a game guys not real life!

    The reason Nate probably does it because you guys did it all the time!

    your memories are faulty -- but no surprise there; Solic it would really help if your tried to actually find a clue before you 'spoke' -- but why change now

    You have setup inside glenlock plenty of times.

    Xyorman's MO: Completely refute whatever claims were made, post subtle insult directed towards player, finish with passive-aggressive tone...

    Every time.

    I wonder Xy. Exactly how many people can be so incorrect in their recollection of your zerg tactics?
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Clumsy wrote: »
    Nate come out and fight (no)

    Didn't mids sit in keeps for a long time??? I remember that's all we did when we died once (just once) in open field because Xyorman didn't like dying!

    This is a game guys not real life!

    The reason Nate probably does it because you guys did it all the time!

    your memories are faulty -- but no surprise there; Solic it would really help if your tried to actually find a clue before you 'spoke' -- but why change now

    Please don't try to flatter yourself lol you know deep down that it's true!
  • How sweet, all the boys joining together. Holiday cheer and all, they can sit around the camp fire in whichever keep it is tonight!
  • Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Clumsy wrote: »
    Nate come out and fight (no)

    Didn't mids sit in keeps for a long time??? I remember that's all we did when we died once (just once) in open field because Xyorman didn't like dying!

    This is a game guys not real life!

    The reason Nate probably does it because you guys did it all the time!

    your memories are faulty -- but no surprise there; Solic it would really help if your tried to actually find a clue before you 'spoke' -- but why change now

    Please don't try to flatter yourself lol you know deep down that it's true!

    LoL, you really know nothing about RvR but much like another you have to try and gain attention -- kinda sad


  • Xyorman wrote: »
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Clumsy wrote: »
    Nate come out and fight (no)

    Didn't mids sit in keeps for a long time??? I remember that's all we did when we died once (just once) in open field because Xyorman didn't like dying!

    This is a game guys not real life!

    The reason Nate probably does it because you guys did it all the time!

    your memories are faulty -- but no surprise there; Solic it would really help if your tried to actually find a clue before you 'spoke' -- but why change now

    Please don't try to flatter yourself lol you know deep down that it's true!

    LoL, you really know nothing about RvR but much like another you have to try and gain attention -- kinda sad

    Do I care?

    It's a game Xyorman! It's a fantasy game and not real life. You can boast all you like about how good you know about RvR but quite frankly I don't have the time for it and care. I played the game for fun and found that caring less made it more fun.
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Clumsy wrote: »
    Nate come out and fight (no)

    Didn't mids sit in keeps for a long time??? I remember that's all we did when we died once (just once) in open field because Xyorman didn't like dying!

    This is a game guys not real life!

    The reason Nate probably does it because you guys did it all the time!

    your memories are faulty -- but no surprise there; Solic it would really help if your tried to actually find a clue before you 'spoke' -- but why change now

    Please don't try to flatter yourself lol you know deep down that it's true!

    LoL, you really know nothing about RvR but much like another you have to try and gain attention -- kinda sad

    Do I care?

    It's a game Xyorman! It's a fantasy game and not real life. You can boast all you like about how good you know about RvR but quite frankly I don't have the time for it and care. I played the game for fun and found that caring less made it more fun.

    Also just explaining the reasons Nate has taken up the same idea that you did when I played mid and ran with you. No attention seeking it's just a fact that you did sit in keeps all night!
    Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • Clearly you care, or you would not be coming back to say how little you care.

    Happy Thanksgiving! :)
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Jak wrote: »
    Clearly you care, or you would not be coming back to say how little you care.

    Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    Na just find it funny how Xyorman denies everything

    Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :)
    Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • I honestly don't care how people lead their BGs, people will join if it's fun, and complain if it's not. It's will always be better then no leader at all, like it or not, many people enjoy it who find difficulty to solo or get group invites. It shouldn't matter who leads better, win more, if people are happy playing with them. Everyone has a choice to follow or don't follow certain leaders based on their personal needs.
  • Gavner wrote: »
    I honestly don't care how people lead their BGs, people will join if it's fun, and complain if it's not. It's will always be better then no leader at all, like it or not, many people enjoy it who find difficulty to solo or get group invites. It shouldn't matter who leads better, win more, if people are happy playing with them. Everyone has a choice to follow or don't follow certain leaders based on their personal needs.

    Alb Nations personal needs are that 90% win percentage :)
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS


    "Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

    "First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

    Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • edited November 2018 PM
    @Natebruner
    Just forge/falsify the data a bit, so you can have fun then time to time. Oh wait :)
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • Can't disagree with his logic.

    Personally, i'd rather sit at 50 % with 20 active fights. But going 1-0 and sitting afk working on emails or fantasy football for a few hours works too i guess.

    The good thing about this game is there are options. Log.. pve... small man... solo... battlegrounds... sit afk and read a book. To each his own. BS is happy as long as you feed them the credit card :smile:
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    Can't disagree with his logic.

    Personally, i'd rather sit at 50 % with 20 active fights. But going 1-0 and sitting afk working on emails or fantasy football for a few hours works too i guess.

    The good thing about this game is there are options. Log.. pve... small man... solo... battlegrounds... sit afk and read a book. To each his own. BS is happy as long as you feed them the credit card :smile:

    This guy understands. We all play differently.

    Alb Nation keeps that winning % at 90% or higher
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS


    "Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

    "First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

    Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • I do understand. I don't like it, but i have adapted. The % never bothered me. Its the activity level. I despise camping in a tower/keep for any extended amount of time without the possibility of a fight.

    I also despise running in circles. In my late teens to early twenties, time wasnt as important to me. 20 years later, time has much more value in my life. If i decide i want to play a few hours, then i won't waste 90% of that sitting on my thumbs or running a rut into the ground.

    I've done both depending on which zerg or realm i choose to log on on a given night.

    Gonna give hib zerg a shot as it has been promoted as more action and less worry about win/loss %

    I think in the end more population is the only thing that will help overall. I don't see that happening any time soon, so not holding my breath.
  • Damn those needy lil Albs! :D

    Forcing you to false-advertise that.. It's tough for a leeder uh? :)
  • I would like to personally thank all of Midgard for getting into the Holiday spirits early this year! Giving is certainly better than receiving :).
Sign In or Register to comment.