warlock WC nerf, anyone ?

seems like the WC offence, which was already very situational (uber solo or in small man, meh in 8 man and worthless in zerg) might have made WC locks into a healing class without utility past their healing.
Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
Tagged:

Comments

• A healing line at least on par with that of any primary healer, with an absorb buff and AF debuff, etc.
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • I'm confused...from what I'm seeing, this is a boost to the WC line. No more having to caste 2-3 spells in a series to get the final DoT. There was never a way to land all 4 of these. So isn't this a boost? What am I missing?
  • Ylazul wrote: »
    A healing line at least on par with that of any primary healer, with an absorb buff and AF debuff, etc.

While true...it also has the slowest caste speeds which makes it very difficult to use reliably.
  • You still have to land all 4 dots, except now you can’t UI cast them
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    You still have to land all 4 dots, except now you can’t UI cast them

it also appears one of them will no longer be instant as well.
  • So a big Nerf indeed to WC line wow
  • oh ya for sure it is overshadowed by Savages not wanting to spec 50 and Rm getting ST a smokescreen if you will.
  • There is no change to the instant DoT (Dread), not sure where that idea came from based on the notes...

The only change is that the 3rd DoT (Agony) in the chain can no longer be cast with primer benefits. The first *casted* DoT (Anguish) can still be cast with primer benefits.
  • I was confused is all @John_Broadsword but I still say this is yet another warlock Nerf. Which is what BS seems to be good at... Nerfing warlocks.
  • Wow, a response. Seems we are heading in the right direction.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Tanky wrote: »
    I was confused is all @John_Broadsword but I still say this is yet another warlock Nerf. Which is what BS seems to be good at... Nerfing warlocks.

And necro's, and vamps, and most classes that need nerfed. Stop with the tunnel vision. WC needed nerfed. It was unbelievably overpowered in the right hands, @Obelisk released a duo video showing how powerful it was.
  • The problem is you can’t balance a class based on the performance of a few who can maximize its potential. Stuff should be balanced taking into account the average player skill. Assassins for instance can be deadly in the hands of mostly anyone, so they should be nerfed, since basically anyone can kill with one in a decent template.
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Tanky wrote: »
    I was confused is all @John_Broadsword but I still say this is yet another warlock Nerf. Which is what BS seems to be good at... Nerfing warlocks.

Good. They need nerfs. Every Hib and Alb caster class has no damage/DoT instants, or uninterruptible anything, save Necros and maybe one more.

You too can learn how to cast without getting interrupted, I promise.
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler