Renaming Characters 1.125

So I have decommissioned a ton of toons that are sub RR4. They have names I like, that I wish to use on much higher RR toons that I made in 2001-2004. Its currently MUCH more cost effective to simply delete them and use their name on characters I play more.

I've read some issues with people deleting toons and re-rolling them using the same name.

Will I need to delete toon, then make a new lvl1 (of a different name) in the deleted characters slot?

Will I be able to use the MTX rename token to change to a name of a deleted character?

I can't stress enough...how insanely expensive the Mithril system is.

Here is something to consider: The value of the Mithril system is low. People, like myself, will still use it upon launch. I can't see justifying more than $100 for something I've gotten along without for 15+ years. If you increased the value (reducing the cost) I would spend more as the return on investment is greater. I'd spend easily $200 to rename all 25+ RR8-RR12 last.

I think you would net more if you launched at a lower price and raised it after your loyal and established customers have had a ample time to change their names, gender and races. Especially since the population does all the work for you and you have no customer service worth a damn.

Comments

• Yzeron wrote: »
    So I have decommissioned a ton of toons that are sub RR4. They have names I like, that I wish to use on much higher RR toons that I made in 2001-2004. Its currently MUCH more cost effective to simply delete them and use their name on characters I play more.

I've read some issues with people deleting toons and re-rolling them using the same name.

Will I need to delete toon, then make a new lvl1 (of a different name) in the deleted characters slot?

Will I be able to use the MTX rename token to change to a name of a deleted character?

Here is something to consider: The value of the Mithril system is low. People, like myself, will still use it upon launch. I can't see justifying more than $100 for something I've gotten along without for 15+ years. If you increased the value (reducing the cost) I would spend more as the return on investment is greater. I'd spend easily $200 to rename all 25+ RR8-RR12 last.

I think you would net more if you launched at a lower price and raised it after your loyal and established customers have had a ample time to change their names, gender and races. Especially since the population does all the work for you and you have no customer service worth a damn.

Customer Service has been very lacking to be honest. The only thing you are sure to get is the automated email response. Carol has responded a few times to me here but that has been it.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Yzeron wrote: »

You have the same mindset as myself and I'm sure most of the rest of the population... It is definitely too expensive for me, so I will probably keep on just playing the game without MTX. Currenty so far I have not bought any of that mythril stuff. The bottom line is, if it's going to costs $20-30 to change my race I most likely won't even change not 1 of my races... However, if race changes were about $10 I would probably change 3-4, which is $30-40 more than @Broadsword would get from me with ridiculously price race change.

Post edited by Armagedden on
  • Same here. I haven’t attempted to buy or use any MTX and after the new prices on new features, I definitely won’t be
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Armagedden wrote: »

You have the same mindset as myself and I'm sure most of the rest of the population... It is definitely too expensive for me, so I will probably keep on just playing the game without MTX. Currenty so far I have not bought any of that mythril stuff. The bottom line is, if it's going to costs $20-30 to change my race I most likely won't even change not 1 of my races... However, if race changes were about $10 I would probably change 3-4, which is $30-40 more than @Broadsword would get from me with ridiculously price race change.

Broadsword is literally going to make $1000 off me pretty quick with MTX and I, for one, am very excited about it.
    Post edited by INACA on
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • INACA wrote: »

Broadsword is literally going to make $1000 off me pretty quick with MTX and I, for one, am very excited about it.

P.T. Barnum was right.....

"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    INACA wrote: »

I love the comparison to Conor McGregor, except I'd have taken Khabib.
  • Xyorman wrote: »

“I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right.”
    ― P. T. Barnum

Guess so.
    Xyorman wrote: »

“I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right.”
    ― P. T. Barnum

Guess so.

Pretty sure he meant a sucker is born every minute. :p
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »

― P. T. Barnum

Guess so.

Pretty sure he meant a sucker is born every minute. :p

No..... Really? Shocking.